drank Hot Cinnamon Spice by Harney & Sons

A loose leaf act of kindness from ashmanra. I could smell this the moment my wife brought the envelope in the house. Intoxicating aroma. Heeding ashmanra’s warning I quickly surmised this should not be stored in the drawer with my other teas. I only thought the Peach Apricot green tea I had from Empire Tea Services was aromatic.

When I first started drinking tea I bought a lot of Bigelow Cinnamon. I had a love hate relationship with that tea. I really wanted to want it but it never delivered. HCS is what I wanted out of the Bigelow – a cup of liquid Red Hots.

I was not sure how much leaf was needed. I used the scoop that came with the French press and filled it almost to the top. There is a LOT of cinnamon in this and I was concerned it would need a bit more leaf. It was fine. This really smells spicy but my system craves spicy so to me it isn’t hot. Did two steeps. Actually enjoyed the second more than the first. This leaves a lot of sediment in the bottom of the cup but you have to expect that will happen. The pot still smelling strong of cinnamon I tried a third steep but it was a bit flavorless. I almost added a good quality black to give it some oomph but didn’t. It would have been tasty – note to self add more tea next time.

The difference between this and the sachet is subtle. The loose is a bit fuller and more alive. Of course this is not in a paper cup at BN. I enjoyed both but this I enjoyed more. The best part was the people stopping at my office door and asking, what’s that smell?