Houston, Tranquility base here. The Eagle has landed. That’s code for envelope from TeaEqualsBliss arrived loaded with much joy! I bought Choice teas before I joined Steepster but not since, so I have never logged any of them. This one, I have never even seen before now. It is a bagged version in a paper envelope. Ingredients listed as Organic Black Tea.

First off, the provided brewing instructions (For best results brew 4-5 minutes) will result in a really harsh cup of tea. I went 3 minutes and even at the shorter steep this is very astringent. Cotton mouth astringent. If I had another bag of this I would try 1-2 minutes.

Now on to the positives. This is pleasantly malty. It also has an interesting taste that to me tastes like leather similar to the Teavivre mini toucha – a first with a black tea for me. I think with a little patience and brewing artistry (getting the most out of a bag is as much an art as it is with loose leaf) this would be a really nice cup.

TeaEqualsBliss

I LOVE that you are liking these! It makes me want to send you more!!! :)

K S

Greatly appreciative of your kindness.