drank Xin Yang Mao Jian Green Tea by Teavivre

Digging through my samples this morning and didn’t remember this one. I know I have tried it before as the bag is paper clipped. The dry leaf is very dark and tiny for a green. Steeped it opens up very quickly and turns grassy green in color. The liquor is pale green and very clear. I have got to read the other reviews and find out how the wet leaf smell is described. I have used this description before but it reminds me of stew beef and spinach.

Sipping… oh I remember this now. It fills the nose with a touch of grassiness, but the taste is just mellow green with enough astringency to add interest. As you exhale, there is a brief moment that is a bit soapy – in a nice way. The aftertaste is slightly grassy with a pleasant balance of all the previous sensations. As it cools I notice this has a buttery aroma. Yes, I finally used the word buttery in a review. It’s almost like buttered popcorn. Complex but in harmony. Balance.

I don’t know if this will make sense to anyone else but here goes… You know how with some teas, you pick up the cup, you thought you had just filled, and its empty? You immediately begin to wonder who drank it. Then you realize it was you. At that moment, all you can think of is how you need another cup of it. NOW! Well, this was not one of those teas. I found myself slowly sipping this one, enjoying all the nuances I was able to detect, with my limited abilities. Then when I sat the empty cup down, I thought to myself, that was a nice cup. Then I thought, do I want another? Well yes, definitely, but not just yet. Relaxed. Introspective. Satisfied. Now that’s a good cup of tea.