drank Blazing Strawberries by DAVIDsTEA

Very weak tea, even if you use twice the amount. I couldn’t taste any strawberries or pepper-only bamboo leaves. I won’t be buying this again.

UPDATE: after many months of slowly using this tea up, I decided to throw the rest of it out because I kept finding brown chunks in among the leaves. I don’t kow what these chunks are-(maybe parts of the bamboo? rocks? clumps of dirt?) but none the less, these brown chunks don’t look like they belong, and it grossed me out.

Boiling 8 min or more

I used to be a coffee drinker, but it started to hurt my stomach so I switched to tea. A friend of mine introduced me to DAVID’s TEA and I couldn’t stop after that!

When it comes to tea ratings, I only ever rate them once. I know a lot of people on steepster do many tasting notes for the same teas depending on their mood, but I perfer to rate once and if my opinion changes, I will delete the old note and rate again. How I rate teas goes as following:

1-49: Teas I won’t buy again. Either the taste is disgusting to me, or it’s too bland, etc. I’m most likely not even going to finish the tin/bag.

50-59: Teas I wouldn’t buy; I have to force myself to drink the whole cup to not waste it.

60-69: I’ll finish the cup and even the bag/tin, but I wouldn’t buy these teas again. Teas of this rating are “lacking something”.

70-79:Teas that are pretty good and ones I might buy again. Usually these teas are ones I have to be “in the mood for” and drink occasionally.

80-89: Great teas! Ones I will drink several times a week and often have in my stash :).

90-100: Favourite must-have teas!

My favourite types of tea are green tea and different types of “natural” herbal tea (like lemongrass, ginger, mint, chamomile etc). Flavours I don’t care for include hibiscus or anything too tart and anything that tastes artificial. Although I like black tea I can only drinking it occasionally due to my sensitive stomach. When I started drinking tea I absolutely adored tea that had candy bits or fruit bits in it but those are becoming more of a treat as I adjust to appreciating the subtle flavours of “real tea” and not just sweetness overload. It could also be that I don’t crave sweets as much anymore as I am now out of my teen years ;)

On a day to day basis I usually have 1-2 cups of green tea and several more cups of herbal tea. On occasion I will make a tea-latte with one of those teas with candy bits (or, especially, a rooibos chai tea) but I’m usually drinking tea on the go at work so it’s few and far in between.

While I always like having a variety of tea in my cupboard I always find I have more than I really need. My goal is to get down to a few basics (i.e. one green tea, one mint tea, one chamomile tea, one chai tea, etc)as I cannot afford to spend the money I used to on loose leaf tea, lol.

Northwestern Ontario