drank Ginger Lemongrass by Tea Forte

The first half of my pot was underwhelming. Nice smelling, but kind of bland tasting when steeped 5 min per the label…. The second half, which had been left with the tea leaves, was pretty darn tingly! Seems to take a bit more than 5 min for the ginger to really come out. It already has a kind of sweet taste, and I did not like it with sugar added.

Brewed the leaves a second time, the ginger dominates now but with a mellower, cooked flavor, not the harsh raw version from the first brew’s second cup. This time the sweet flavor was missing, so a little sugar was nice. The lemongrass is nearly undetectable.

I’d taken out the basket of leaves when the second pot had brewed 5 min, to avoid another gingery punch in the teeth, but after tasting the first cup I dropped that basket back in. Second cup did manage to get some lemongrass without the ginger getting overwhelming.

I enjoyed looking at the leaves, both dry and wet. It’s a pretty little potpourri.

This is kind of what I wanted the chamomile citron to be like. Definitely want to try it again, but I need to experiment with brew times to get a better balance.

If I won the lottery today, I would go to Lapland to raise reindeer and live in a yurt full of cats.

Arizona