drank Guilded Lotus by Primula Tea

My first tasting note but I’ll do my best to describe what I taste. ;P

Tea: Primula Guilded Lotus Green tea with Pomegranate flavoring.

I steeped this tea for 5 min in boiling water. The bloom opened up fairly quickly, probably within 3-4 minutes. Instead of preparing this in a teapot I used a clear glass mug. I also warmed the mug before brewing.

Now onto the tea. As soon as I poured in the water I could smell pomegranate and faint remnants of green tea. First sip was very much pomegranate. As I drank more I could start to taste the green tea more, and also a floral hint (from the flower, I assume). This also has a natural sweetness to it. Very light feeling in my mouth with a bit of a dry bite after swallowing.

Like I said I’m new to tasting so that’s all I have for now!
Cheers!

Kyle Carey

Second infusion has a much lighter pomegranate flavor and tastes a bit sweeter. I think I like it more than the first.

Kyle Carey

I would also like to add I am stationed in west Texas and the water here is absolutely AWFUL! Due to this and not having any means of obtaining any decent filtered tap right now I am brewing with Evian bottled water.

Comments

Kyle Carey

Texas