I was told by the girls at my local DT that since this tea doesn’t have a whole lot of tea in it, it’s okay to let it steep for a while. So tonight I let it steep for a while. My 50 g bag isn’t as full as I’d like it to be and even with twice the amount of “leaf” I usually use, this tea is weak and now over steeped. I think we might end up using a lot of the leaf to get the same great flavor we get in store, but then I don’t think I’ll be interested in restocking. It’s just too expensive for the amount of leaf you have to use. Sadness.

Tina S.

Yeah, that’s exactly why I didn’t let myself buy some today. I just couldn’t justify weight vs cost. :(

Kittenna

I haven’t tried what I bought yet, but if I end up really liking it, I’ll still buy it as a treat. Considering I am willing to purchase specialty coffees and such at Starbucks every now and then, I will let myself drink much healthier teas for still considerably below the $5/cup. :) But, I understand your reasoning.

Sounds like this might be better off purchased as a cup in the store. Boo :(

aisling of tea

@Krystaleyn yeah, see, I’m not willing to buy the specialty coffees from Starbucks or whatever, the most I splurge on is a cuppa tea from Davids at 2.25 (mall employee discount) and that even grinds my gears occasionally, especially if I have the tea at home. I’m glad we bough then 50 g bag, but I don’t see it being replaced. shrugs is cheap

@Indigobloom Yes, unfortunately. What I do is I ask for the bag separate and then steep it when I get back to my office. That way the water cools a bit and I have control over the steep time.

Indigobloom

cool, I didn’t know they allow that. My office is a little too far, I’d have to pour out the water and reboil. I’ve asked for a cup without water, they said no! :(

Comments

Tina S.

Kittenna

Sounds like this might be better off purchased as a cup in the store. Boo :(

aisling of tea

Indigobloom

I think I’m going to name my tea pet Mr. Turtle. Even though he’s a tortoise.

Scarborough, ON