drank Gold Rush by DAVIDsTEA

I was told by the girls at my local DT that since this tea doesn’t have a whole lot of tea in it, it’s okay to let it steep for a while. So tonight I let it steep for a while. My 50 g bag isn’t as full as I’d like it to be and even with twice the amount of “leaf” I usually use, this tea is weak and now over steeped. I think we might end up using a lot of the leaf to get the same great flavor we get in store, but then I don’t think I’ll be interested in restocking. It’s just too expensive for the amount of leaf you have to use. Sadness.

Tina S.

Yeah, that’s exactly why I didn’t let myself buy some today. I just couldn’t justify weight vs cost. :(

Kittenna

I haven’t tried what I bought yet, but if I end up really liking it, I’ll still buy it as a treat. Considering I am willing to purchase specialty coffees and such at Starbucks every now and then, I will let myself drink much healthier teas for still considerably below the $5/cup. :) But, I understand your reasoning.

Sounds like this might be better off purchased as a cup in the store. Boo :(

Daddyselephant

@Krystaleyn yeah, see, I’m not willing to buy the specialty coffees from Starbucks or whatever, the most I splurge on is a cuppa tea from Davids at 2.25 (mall employee discount) and that even grinds my gears occasionally, especially if I have the tea at home. I’m glad we bough then 50 g bag, but I don’t see it being replaced. shrugs is cheap

@Indigobloom Yes, unfortunately. What I do is I ask for the bag separate and then steep it when I get back to my office. That way the water cools a bit and I have control over the steep time.

Indigobloom

cool, I didn’t know they allow that. My office is a little too far, I’d have to pour out the water and reboil. I’ve asked for a cup without water, they said no! :(

Comments

Tina S.

Kittenna

Sounds like this might be better off purchased as a cup in the store. Boo :(

Daddyselephant

Indigobloom

Formerly aisling of tea, now you can call me ele .

New label as of May, 2015: Diabetic. I’m using tea to satisfy my sweet tooth cravings and keep me hydrated without hurting my system or messing with my blood sugar.

Ah, tea. My love for you is ever changing. At my last update, I was all about the rooibos and now I hardly drink it. I only occasionally had an oolong and now I have one just about every day. I’ve learned the art of resteeping and coldbrewing and kombucha. I have a lovely little tea pet named…well, I haven’t decided on a name for him yet. I also have five! live pets, a tabby cat named Rosabella Francis (Bella for short), a ginger cat named Orange Julius Pekoe (Pekoe), a white and grey cat named Earl Jean Grey (Earlie), a tuxedo cat (and the only boy in the house) Prince Erik Darien Darjeeling (JiJi) and a red foot tortoise named Da Hong Pao (Pao). So if you see me referring to my girls, I don’t have kids, just animals.

I am by no means a tea purist. I greatly enjoy flavored teas and I put stevia in all of my teas. It’s just how I do.

I think I’m going to name my tea pet Mr. Turtle. Even though he’s a tortoise.

Scarborough, ON