Yumyumyumyumyumyumyum. This is exactly what I’ve been craving these last few days. I made a big pot (affectionately named “Bertha” because she holds almost two liters) and stuck it in the fridge overnight to cool. I figured out why I don’t like the idea of coldbrewing! I’m a good Southern girl, and that means every tea I touch gets sweetened. Well, almost every tea. But sugar tastes much different when brewed into a hot tea and when stirred into an already-cold tea.

Unfortunately, I seem to have made Kool-Aid this time around by not paying attention and adding half a cup of sugar to the mix (I usually add two teaspoons for Bertha). Ah well, since the blend does have hibiscus in it, I iced it anyway. Yum yum yum I love it. It’s too sweet, but that’s obviously my fault. But I think this will become a definite favorite in the coming summer months.

Erin

I’ve heard agave works better than sugar in already-cold tea because it dissolves better. I can’t believe I still haven’t been to the tea emporium. When I finally get there, I’ll check this tea out!

Comments

Erin

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Etobicoke, ON