drank Mint Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

Ah mint. My wife and I both adore mint, but I’m a spearmint girl, where she’s a peppermint lover. And these are two very different mints.

But I have love in my heart for mint teas. My childhood summers were fueled by Lipton tea bags with fresh mint set out on the porch to brew in the sun. Picking mint and just chewing on it as we played in the sun. Heck, my college days were fueled by mint juleps and raspberry mojitos. Mint and I are good, good friends. And a Shamrock Shake is a must-have for me every March! At least, it was until I found out about my dairy allergy.

Which is what brought me to this tea, Mint Matcha (found here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/mint-matcha.html), was a desire to make my own version of the Shamrock Shake (which is essentially a vanilla-mint milkshake from McDonalds) with vanilla and mint matchas and soy milk or ice cream. But for the sake of this review, I’m drinking this matcha the way I drink all my tea, no milk and some sugar.

Earlier today I made a cup of this for a friend of my wife’s, who I am eagerly trying to seduce to the ways of matcha with my Red Leaf Tea collection, and I fell in love the second I opened the package. It smells like a smooth creamy mint. When I commented on how good it smells, my wife agreed with me…and she doesn’t even like matcha! I can’t wait to have a cup of this myself!

My wife’s friend (who needs to be on Steepster, darn it!) says this tea tastes like Christmas (which may have something to do with the Rudolph travel mug I sent it to her in!). This made me think of my favorite tea of all time, Santa’s Secret, which is a vanilla-mint black tea, so I have high hopes for this one.

Holy mint, batman! This is definitely a peppermint tea, with just a hint of the smoothness that reminds me of spearmint tea. Wow. I am definitely craving a raspberry-mint matcha mojito now. Yum, yum, yum. It’s mega minty in a non medicinal way and now I am dying to try it with the vanilla, but if I have any more matcha today, I’m going to explode XD. I love it! The burst of strong mint really helps wake you up too, and can definitely see myself adding this to my collection. And mint mixes so well with berries and fruit that I can see endless smoothie options here. If you’re a mint fan, I definitely recommend this one.

DaisyChubb

Your reviews are seriously making me want to make an order tonight. So you deserve every bit of free matcha you get darling :D

aisling of tea

awww, thanks! It’s true, I can’t stop gushing about these matchas to every tea lover I know and it’s partially because I sat down and took the time to do these reviews. And hey, if you order over 60g of matcha, the shipping is free! tempts

New comment!
I am placing an order tonight after checking the bank and seeing that there is a perfect amount in the tea budget.

But now the dilemma is which one to start with ; 3; I’ll just read your reviews again. :D

aisling of tea

XD I recommend the Madagascar Vanilla. Seriously, heaven on earth. Also, if you’re going for the free shipping, you can get 30g of three different matchas, it doesn’t have to be over 60g of a single flavor.

Happy hunting!

Thanks for your help!
I totally have the Madagascar Vanilla in my cart, so now I know it’s staying there for sure! :)

Red Leaf Tea

We are currently working on having 2 Mint Matcha tea since we have found 2 different ways to flavor it. We are looking for a new name for our second Mint Matcha. Any suggestions? If you like your new name and use it, we’ll send you a FREE 30g packaging :-)

aisling of tea

Oooooh! Well, what does the second mint taste like? Is it a sweeter mint? Maybe a Bold Mint (the current one) and a Mild Mint?

Tina S.

Wintermint and/or (Re)freshmint?

Red Leaf Tea

One will have natural mint flavor and second one will have mint powder only, so the flavor would come from the herb itself.

Comments

DaisyChubb

New comment!

Happy hunting!

Thanks for your help!

Tina S.

Wintermint and/or (Re)freshmint?

Red Leaf Tea

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Scarborough, ON