One other thing Red Leaf Tea has going for them is incredibly reasonable shipping, which is very important to me, since I live in Canada and international shipping can be a nightmare. And orders over $75 are free, which is easy to do! My wife lives for their Earl Greys, their Earl Grey Oolong is a staple in our household. When the raspberry Earl Grey was no longer available, she nearly went into mourning. So between the two of us, it’s almost dangerously easy for us to build a $75 cart. The first time we ordered, we spent $80 and got 16 different teas, about an ounce of each. Enough to try it several times and make a decision as to whether you want to restock it or not.

Anyway, on to the tea! I’m a sucker for cinnamon, so of course I had to try the Cinnamon Matcha (found here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/cinnamon-matcha.html) It smells so good. Sooooo good. Not like fake cinnamon hearts (which I adore too), but like real cinnamon. I want to slather this matcha on toast…but that would be weird. This is another matcha that inspires me to bake. Matcha snickerdoodles? Don’t mind if I do! I need to start actually trying some of these recipe ideas. Like cinnamon matcha cinnamon toast! Or a cinnamon matcha apple pie! Nom nom nom.

At first sip, it was delicious. At second sip, it was delicious. At third sip…well, you get the idea. There is something I don’t care for about it, a bit of a tangy aftertaste, but that’s not enough to keep me from drinking it! I’m excited to see how it will taste when blended with the vanilla. Ooooh, I should see if they have an apple matcha, that would be yummy mixed with this. Or pear! Oh dear, my list of desired matchas is growing longer and longer…

But really, I just want to dump a whole mess of sugar into this and make some cinnamon raisin toast. And bake my little heart out! I think this is a matcha I will end up mixing more than making straight, but that’s okay. I am seeing a wide world of possibilities coming from this little beauty. Cinnamon and I were good friends before, but I think is safe to say that this tea has pushed us over the edge into best friend territory. Plays well with others, makes me feel better, and encourages me to eat tasty, tasty sweets! I can see this becoming a staple in my cupboard, sitting right next to my beloved vanilla.