drank Peach Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

Millions of peaches…peaches for me! Millions of peaches….peaches for free! Yay! Flashback to the nineties, y’all. This time I’ve tried the Peach Matcha from Red leaf Tea (found here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/peach-matcha.html), and yum…it takes a bit of fiddling, but once you get it right, it is delicious. A welcome addition to any collection! And keep in mind that I’m still new to matcha and trying to figure it all out.

As any good Southern girl would, I have a deep love in my heart for peaches. Deep, deep love. That fruity sweetness…is there anything better? There are few things in this life better than a fresh, juicy peach. A close second is ice cold peach tea. Peach cobbler, peach pie…summer is a good time to be in the South!

I opened my package of this matcha and, my wife will back me up on this, my first words were “Whoa, momma!” It smells so good. Like juicy peach candy….nom. It smells painfully delicious.

The taste certainly follows up on that scent! It tastes like a big, juicy peach lollipop. It’s not a fresh peach, but it’s a peach candy. It reminds me of the peach soda I used to get in high school at the local Food Lion to take to our weekly slumber party with my best friend. So I’m grateful for those memories. Makes me want to pop a big bag of popcorn and dip it in nacho cheese. Oh yes, we were super healthy.

Anyway, this matcha has the same bitter kick as the lemon matcha, but a touch of sugar chased that away. I think that’s just a matcha thing. It’s definitely one I want to try again and see how it goes. Maybe cut it with a touch of the vanilla…peaches and cream! Yes please! This would be good in my smoothies this summer, maybe a peach raspberry smoothie dream…nom.

I made a second cup with different parameters (12 ounces of water instead of 8 to one half teaspoon of matcha, as well as a bit more sugar) and it is heavenly. Juicy enough to satisfy this Southern gal! Finishing off my sample of this will be no great hardship, I assure you. It tastes like a fuzzy navel without the alcoholic bite! Or those peach gummy candies…yum!

I let some of this chill and GAH. Cold, this is beyond amazing. This is what I needed, cold and fruity and peachy! It’s not too sweet, it’s not too bitter, it’s just a beautifully refreshing cold drink for summer…I have a feeling this will be a staple in my cupboard this summer.

Jessie

Oh. Dear. This sounds INCREDIBLE. I’ve been eying a Red Leaf matcha order for months and months now, and you’re pushing me towards the edge! I won’t even know where to start. They all sound so good.

aisling of tea

You know my cupboard is your cupboard. Feel free to let me know which ones you want to try that I have (Lemon, Madagascar Vanilla, Cinnamon, Bee Pollen, Peach, Goji Berry, and Mint) and I’ll bring some on the 20th!

Jessie

Ack! You are the best. Just a tiny bit of the peach and vanilla would be amazing. I need to stock up on things to offer in return! My cupboard has been so boring lately.

aisling of tea

My pleasure! And please, you know our cupboard. Like I really need more teas to sample! I’m happy to share with friends.

Tina S.

I suspect there is a matcha party in our near future . . . I’m willing to host!

I’ll bring the matcha! We will all vibrate to bits! MATCHAAAAAAAAAA

Tina S.

My mind so went to an interesting place there. Don’t mind me . . .

aisling of tea

Behave, you. Also, I am cracking up at our names in this conversation.

Tina S.

Behaving is no fun! And I know, right? I love our new mediocre tea bag handles!

Red Leaf Tea

Thank you for the great review. I just wanted to add that we only use natural flavoring, and as such it’s more heat sensitive as opposed to its artificial counterpart. That is way fruit flavored Matcha tea will have more prominent flavor the closer they get to room temperature. We refused to use artificial flavoring since it would be like eating diet pills coated with chocolate :-)

aisling of tea

Awesome! I’ll definitely have to try this again at a lower temperature!

Jessie

That’s great to know! I was so thrilled to see it explicitly stated that these matchas aren’t sweetened. A lot of others seem to be, or it’s impossible to tell.

Bigelow and Red Rose: matcha party. Yes.

Missy

Moving to the country gonna eat a lot peaches, moving to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches…..

aisling of tea

Twinings: We were thinking May? We can have it here too, we’re kinda halfway between everybody.

Missy: <3!

Uniquity

I can’t stop singing the Presidents of the USA now!

That is my gift to you, m’dear <3

Comments

Jessie

Tina S.

I suspect there is a matcha party in our near future . . . I’m willing to host!

I’ll bring the matcha! We will all vibrate to bits! MATCHAAAAAAAAAA

Tina S.

My mind so went to an interesting place there. Don’t mind me . . .

aisling of tea

Behave, you. Also, I am cracking up at our names in this conversation.

Tina S.

Behaving is no fun! And I know, right? I love our new mediocre tea bag handles!

Red Leaf Tea

aisling of tea

Awesome! I’ll definitely have to try this again at a lower temperature!

Jessie

Bigelow and Red Rose: matcha party. Yes.

Missy

Missy: <3!

Uniquity

I can’t stop singing the Presidents of the USA now!

That is my gift to you, m’dear <3

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Etobicoke, ON