Now, those who follow me and my reviews know I can’t stop raving about the Madagascar Vanilla from Red Leaf Teas. I’m almost out of it already, it’s the one I reach for the most and when people ask which one they should try first, my immediate answer is “Vanilla. Oh my goodness, the vanilla.”

But Madagascar’s reign may soon be over.

French Vanilla is my one true love. French Vanilla anything. Vanilla was my favorite ice cream flavor before I gave up ice cream. French Vanilla is the ice cream flavor I will risk my dairy allergy for. It’s just so creamy and rich and guh, so good. So when Red Leaf Tea let me know they had a new matcha out, a French Vanilla (found here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/french-vanilla-matcha.html), I was sold. It immediately went into my cart and I feverishly finished my other reviews so I could order it as soon as possible.

I opened the package this morning and almost drooled. It smells like icing. Like I had just opened up a new tub of Betty Crocker vanilla frosting. Oh god, I want to drown in it. It’s almost too sweet for this early in the morning, but I don’t care! I have to have some of this now! I’ll make bacon later to make up for it.

It…it’s perfect. It’s everything I ever dreamed of in a vanilla matcha. Everything. Creamy, smooth, beyond amazing. I want to shout from the rooftops that I’ve found The One, the tea I’ve been searching for forever, the tea that is the reason I own 6 different vanilla rooibos and 8 variations on a vanilla black. This tea is my holy grail. It’s matcha, which I have come to love and value over almost any other tea, and it’s that French Vanilla goodness that rocks my world. I know it seems like I’ve gone a bit crazy, but this is just…guh. It’s fulfilling my ice cream cravings, my icing cravings, my everything cravings.

That said, I will likely keep the Madagascar around for mixing, as it seems to blend beautifully with other flavors, but when I want to sit down and just enjoy a good cup of matcha, the French Vanilla is what I will be reaching for. Oh yes, my pretty. We will have a long, happy life together. Red Leaf Tea, I honestly cannot thank you enough for introducing this blend.

Kittenna

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I just ordered the Madagascar one based on your review. Did I make the wrong decision?! Hopefully the free matcha promo is still kicking by the time I get mine…

Kittenna

Also, this is perhaps a silly question, but do you just make your matcha straight, or do you make it into a latte (with non-dairy milk). Do you sweeten it? Does it need sweetener? So curious :D

aisling of tea

You absolutely did not, the Madagascar is amazing all its own! It’s delicious! I add sugar to all of my teas, I’m bad, I know. Personally, I find matcha straight up really bitter, but again, I sweeten all of my teas.

Kittenna

Matcha is the only one I do consistently sweeten, so good to know that you’re enjoying these flavoured ones with sugar :D Hoping the flavour stands up to milk as well!

aisling of tea

Ooooh, I can’t wait to see your reviews!!

QueenOfTarts

This sounds so good! What strength of flavor did you get? Does it taste more like french vanilla or matcha or a nice balance of both? YUM!

DaisyChubb

It does stand up to milk Krystaleyn! I tried it with almond milk, soy milk and 2% – … kind of obsessed.

Comments

Kittenna

aisling of tea

Ooooh, I can’t wait to see your reviews!!

QueenOfTarts

DaisyChubb

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Etobicoke, ON