Amazing. Utterly amazing. Took a mug of this iced to see The Avengers yesterday and I was distracted from the movie several times by the tastiness of it. So good, so creamy, so perfect. I look forward to trying this at home with my own steeping parameters, I still don’t like the “make double strong and then ice” method, but I understand that’s how they have to do it to be able to make iced tea on demand.

Erin

How do you make it? I’m trying to learn more about making iced tea and don’t know any other ways than “make double strong then ice” and cold-brewing.

DaisyChubb

Ah exciting! Any tips for sneaking tea into The Avengers? I’m interested ;)

aisling of tea

Erin, in the past I’ve made it up the night before and placed it in the fridge, but now my preferred method is cold steeping. Daisy, I have one of those vacuum-sealed travel mugs, so I just threw it in my purse.

DaisyChubb

Brilliance. I always go to bulk barn for my movie candies, I’ll have to start bring tea too haha. Thanks :)

Buy the Stars

I’m with you on not being a fan of the “brew double strong and then ice” method; I like making my tea ahead and then chilling it in the fridge, pouring it over ice just dilutes it too much for me most of the time. Really excited to try this tea, though! I think I might like the summer collection more than the spring collection.

TheKesser

I kinda feel silly for asking, but what do you mean by cold steeping?

aisling of tea

No worries, Kesser, I’m new to it myself! For me, cold steeping is tossing some tea in a mug or pot, filling it with cold water, and then letting it sit in the fridge for a good long while, usually at least overnight. It brews the tea without ever burning it and brings out all kinds of new flavors!

TassieTeaGirl

I’ve never cold brewed, just because here in Australia when you really need a cold drink, immediacy is the over-riding factor! Perhaps I’ll give it a try in spring. Last summer I went with “double strong, half/two thirds water over ice” instead of the normal amount of water in the steeper. It certainly prevented any watering down when adding to ice.

Amariel

I think that the double the amount and pour over ice might have been why mine wasn’t as good today. I mean, it was tasty, but I think I would have been happier with Tropicalia or Perfect Pear iced instead. I think that SS will be brilliant hot, with a touch of milk and sugar to bring out the creamy sweetness. And I’ll have to look at trying it iced my way too.

Comments

Erin

DaisyChubb

Ah exciting! Any tips for sneaking tea into The Avengers? I’m interested ;)

Buy the Stars

TheKesser

I kinda feel silly for asking, but what do you mean by cold steeping?

TassieTeaGirl

Amariel

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Etobicoke, ON