This was added to the box in an continuing effort to seduce my wife to the ways of matcha. So far, the best I’ve gotten out of her was “That’s….interesting.” Ah well, more for me. London Fogs, also known as an Earl Grey with vanilla and milk, are her favorite winter drink, so that’s what I had in mind when I snagged this little beauty. That and she’s a sucker for anything Earl Grey. But I’m looking forward to mixing this with, you guessed it, vanilla. An Earl Grey/vanilla was my very first tea, though I’m not much of an Earl Grey fan nowadays. But still, it sounded very tasty and I had to at least try it (found here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/earl-grey-matcha.html). I’m a bit worried, after the bitterness of the lemon matcha, but I was worried about the watermelon and it turned out amazing. And we’re big fans of the Earl Grey from Red Leaf Teas around here, so we have a lot of faith in this blend. Their Earl Grey Oolong is one of the teas my wife absolutely cannot do without, and their Raspberry Earl Grey was one of the few teas I’ve actually seen her mourn when it was discontinued. So yes, if there was ever an Earl Grey matcha to get her into matcha, it would have to be from Red Leaf Tea.

Success! We went to the zoo on Friday and my poor wife was only running on a couple hours sleep, so I made her a matcha London Fog and she loved it. Loved it! I stole a few sips of the Earl Grey before mixing it in with everything else and it was perfect Earl Grey, and I knew that I’d made the right choice. I mixed together equal parts Earl Grey matcha and French Vanilla matcha (both from Red Leaf Tea, of course) and whisked it together in a bowl to be sure to get all the lumps out. Personally I don’t care about a clump or matcha or two, but it really turns her off of her drink. Anyway, I heated up some vanilla soy milk, frothed it up, added it to the blend and it was perfect. She loved it! And it’s so much better for you than the regular London Fog, full of syrup and dairy…blegh. This is one I think I’ll have to keep in stock, if only for my wife’s sake, which I am more than happy to do.