Oh, egg nog. When Red Leaf Tea first contacted me, asking what flavors of matcha I’d be interested in trying, my immediate response was this. Egg nog. Oh goodness, egg nog. Please, oh please, egg nog. When the holidays come around, I miss it with a burning passion. There’s just too much cream in it for it to be worth the risk, unfortunately. We have been able to find soy nog, but it’s just not the same. But I have to say, it does the trick when I’m really just dying for a cup of nog. It certainly brought my father in law and me closer last Christmas when he was always more than happy to get me a glass of soy nog so he had an excuse to grate fresh nutmeg on top. He cracks me up.

So this matcha (found here:http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/eggnog-matcha.html) had high, high, high expectations to live up to. It was delicious, very much so, but a little weak. I got a hint of eggnog flavor that was greatly overshadowed by the flavor of the matcha. Which isn’t a bad flavor at all, it just isn’t what I want when I drink egg nog. Maybe a little soy milk will bring out that creaminess for me and give me that egg nog flavor I crave.

Helena

It’s on my December tea list of things to try :D I just can’t see myself drinking it before then.