Irish cream teas tend to make me sad. What I’ve found is that they tend to taste like regular tea with a hint of Irish cream in the background, like you had poured a drop or two into your tea. Which is all well and good, but I drank Irish cream straight up when I was in college, and I want something that tastes like the drink itself. At this point, you’re probably wondering if I did anything but drink in college. The answer is….no, not really. Ha! I want an Irish cream tea that I can splash into other teas to make them taste like Irish cream.

So I cheated a little with this one. Just a little, I promise! I mixed my spoon of matcha with a few drops of my Irish cream agave before adding the water. I was blown away. It was so, so, so good. It got me through an incredibly long day at work and it kept a smile on my face long after it was gone. It smelled and tasted so strongly of Irish cream that my boss side eyed me a few times until I showed him it was just matcha. And then he was jealous.

I love this tea (found here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/irish-cream-matcha.html). With the milk allergy issues, Irish cream was one of the things I had to give up and it was with a heavy heart that I did so. This is one of those teas I’ve been searching and searching for and once again, Red Leaf Tea did it right. I am constantly impressed by them…you’d think by now, I’d just expect their matcha to be amazing. But no, every time I get a new package, I’m floored by the tastiness.

potatowedges

Ooh, I’ll have to snag some of that.