My first hot matcha in God knows how long. Summer just doesn’t lend itself to hot drinks, I’m more likely to just my matcha with cold water and blend vigoriously. But this one (found here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/pumpkin-pie-matcha.html) was just crying out to be made hot…so I’m taking it to work with me today (all I ever do anymore is work). Well after a day straight from hell, this tea was sorely needed. After yet another patient called in to yell at whoever was unfortunate enough to answer the phone (aka me), I decided to take a break. I found a quiet corner and curled up with Hunger Games and this beauty of tea.

It tastes exactly as advertised! I really did feel like I was drinking a hot cup of pumpkin pie…yum. So much yum. I’m not the biggest pumpkin pie fan, but it’s grown on me in recent years. But I am a huge fan of pumpkin lattes, at least I was, so this is definitely going to be mixed with soy milk next time. And cheesecake matcha. And french vanilla matcha. The possibilities are endless! This has made me eager for Thanksgiving and my signature pumpkin pound cake. I wonder how that would taste with a matcha icing…