reviewed Carry Travel Mug by DAVIDsTEA

We picked this up yesterday as part of our Spring Teas splurge. We came home with 2 Nordic Mugs (color changing whales and tentacles!), 26 grams of all the new teas except Pom Tango, a coco chai rooibos chocolate bar, and this little beauty.

Seriously, I’ve just been sitting and cuddling it. I love the texture of the outside, smooth and rubbery. I had already brought a tea with me in my timolino, so my wife got the free cup in this thermos and she keeps playing with the lid XD. I primarily use this and the timolino for my cold brew teas, because it keeps them ice cold for hours on end. It’s amazing.

I had been hoping for a pink timolino with the spring line, but no such luck. However, i spotted this burgundy carry travel mug and fell in love. Love, with a capital L and a sigh.

I like the mesh strainer on top much better than the strainer on the timolino, and the secret compartment is bigger. Not that I ever use it (except for spy notes!).

All in all, this was a great purchase.

Ninavampi

Now I want one!!!!

aisling of tea

Yes, yes you do XD. It’s great!

never thought of this for cold brew teas… hmmm

aisling of tea

I hadn’t either until I was rushing out the door and poured my cold brew in my timolino to last me on the way to work. It lasted me the whole way to work.

keychange

Do you find the brew basket deep enough? I’m still deciding if I want one or not. I also liked the mesh at the top instead of the sip-holes, although if you pour your leaves out like you’d have to do to stop the steeping anyway, the old lid would have also worked. But still…I think I want one!

aisling of tea

I don’t brew in it that often, but it’s the same depth as the timolino and that one works fine for me.

tnmo

How does the new version hold up to wear and tear (i.e. does it scratch easily)? Coveting the ice blue but not sure if it will quickly or easily it will show signs daily use…if at all

aisling of tea

So far so good! Mine’s not showing any signs of wear and tear and I’ve used it daily since I bought it a month ago, and I’m not exactly gentle with it either lol.

tnmo

Thanks! That definitely helps!

Comments

Ninavampi

Now I want one!!!!

aisling of tea

Yes, yes you do XD. It’s great!

never thought of this for cold brew teas… hmmm

keychange

tnmo

Thanks! That definitely helps!

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Scarborough, ON