So a few weeks ago, Whittard of Chelsea contacted me to ask if I would be interested in trying and reviewing some of their teas! I was extremely honored and excited, so of course I said yes! I made a wishlist and sent it to them, but I also requested that they send me ones that are their favorites and I absolutely must try. This is one of seven extremely generous samples they sent to me. Based on my interactions here on Steepster alone, I would order from them in a heartbeat.

Onto the tea! I opened the package and took a deep sniff and immediately fell in love. I ran over and made my wife smell it too and ended up having to make two cups of tea instead of just one, ha! It just smells so deliciously fruity and juicy it made my mouth water.

And boy, did it live up to that smell. The rhubarb was delicious and the black tea base was present, but not overwhelming. It got astringent towards the end of the cup, but I drink my tea lukewarm, so that’s likely my fault. Still, my wife and I kept exclaiming “It’s so good!” as we drank down our cups. I got a hint of creaminess towards the end of the sip, but all three flavors mixed together wonderfully.

My grandmother-in-law makes a coconut rhubarb cream pie that my wife absolutely loves, so maybe I’ll break open a can of coconut milk to see if I can recreate that in tea form. I already have some coldbrewing in the fridge, I am dying to see how this does cold!

My only complaints would be towards the end of the cup, the black tea became astringent and the rhubarb began to taste artificial, but that may all have been user error.