drank Watermelon Mint by DAVIDsTEA

Overnight Coldbrew

And the verdict is in! This is not a tea I need to have in my cupboard.

It is hot in my condo, and I do mean hot. They haven’t turned the AC on yet and while I love the huge windows in every room, I’m essentially living in a green house. Curtains are no help at all.

So I’m sprawled out in front of two fans and I’m chugging my iced teas to try and beat the heat. Even the cats, who don’t always get alone, have called a truce to all be sprawled out in the coolest room in the house with me.

So a cooling, refreshing tea is just the ticket, right? Wrong, This is just not the tea for me. It tastes like a melony toothpaste and it’s not a sensation that I enjoy. When I’m hot, I get nauseous, and this tea is only making things worse. It’s not cooling me down at all and the taste is off-putting.

I put the rest of my sample in the fridge to coldbrew for tomorrow, and then that will be the end of it.

140 °F / 60 °C 8 min or more 10 g 25 OZ / 739 ML
Cavocorax

Right? It’s so hot. I was almost sweating just waiting for the bus at 8 am. And it’s May. Ontario is all extremes, isn’t it?

aisling of tea

It is ridiculous. I would say I’m going back home, but that’s Tennessee and it’s 40ish there today.

Plunkybug

I agree. I tried it in the store and was not a fan.

Plunkybug

I was in Tennessee a few years ago and it was 108F. I had to do a double take that it was the temp on the dash, not the time.

Comments

Cavocorax

aisling of tea

Plunkybug

I agree. I tried it in the store and was not a fan.

Plunkybug

I think I’m going to name my tea pet Mr. Turtle. Even though he’s a tortoise.

Scarborough, ON