This is the tea that made my wife fall in love with tea. It is so yummy, but goes bitter very easily. I was avoiding it because it seemed no matter what I used, tea bag, ball, or infuser, tea escaped and by the time I got around to drinking it (I like my tea lukewarm), it was too bitter.

But yesterday my wonderful wife surprised me with a looseleaf brewer and it seems to be making the difference! I only steeped it for 3 minutes, might go longer next time, and it is so yummy. Reminds me of why I fell for them in the first place. Also, the tea is gorgeous as it steeps…I’m now transfixed every time I steep a cup of tea, I love this brewer.

There are others I prefer, but it is definitely time to bring the cream of earl grey back to the table.

I think I’m going to name my tea pet Mr. Turtle. Even though he’s a tortoise.

Scarborough, ON