Every time my wife and I go grocery shopping, I slow down in the tea aisle and look out of force of habit. Since discovering looseleaf, I don’t use bags unless it’s my only option, so there’s really no point in me looking. It’s part tea snobbery and part common sense. If I know for a fact that I don’t enjoy bagged teas, why waste my money on them?

I started to walk away and my wife goes, “Honey, look! Goji Berries!” Mmm….goji berries. That’s almost enough to tempt me, but then she added, “with raspberries!” and I was lost. I live for raspberries. I wish DT had more (or better) raspberry teas. So we picked up a box.

It smells yummy, but it also smells….fake? I dunno, the fruit smell didn’t smell like raspberries much, it smelled like what candy companies think raspberry is supposed to smell and taste like.

It’s not terrible, but the fakeness carries over to the brewed tea. It tastes kinda bland with little to no tea flavor, which is to be expected. I think I might let it get cold and try it the, since I tend to like the delicate teas more when they’re cold. It might be good for flavoring sun tea, but I don’t think I’ll keep it in stock. I also think I’ve just been spoiled by DavidsTea flavoring their tea with actual Goji berries.

Uniquity

I think I love goji berries (goji pop!) but am not nuts for raspberries. Strawberries are my berry love. Anyway, be sure to stay far away from David’s Tea’s raspberry nectar if you don’t want a terrible disappointment. I don’t know that I’ve ever had a tea from DT with raspberry flavour I could taste.

aisling of tea

Yeah, I have some of the raspberry nectar and while it’s tasty, it is in no way raspberry, which is very sad. I’m a sucker for all things Goji, though.

Comments

Uniquity

aisling of tea

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Etobicoke, ON