300th tasting note! Jeez!

For the occasion, I’m breaking in my newest teapot, a lovely little china piece my mother-in-law bought me for my birthday. It’s white with teddy bears and puppies. Of course, it also has a lovely inscription that I didn’t read until we got home:

“Wellington was left at a bus stop, where he was chewed on by a dog. Can you give him a loving home?”

…most depressing teapot ever. But I love it.

Thanks to the lovely people at http://steep.it/, I am now in the habit of only letting my white tea steep for 30 seconds, and they always turn out beautifully for me. I still prefer them cold, but I can appreciate them hot as well now.

I don’t know how it happens, but the short steeping time has given it more flavor than previously when I let it steep for 4-5 minutes. I love this tea. It’s warming and delicious and tastes just like my mom’s rhubarb crumble. Yum. Best way to celebrate my 300th note!

QuiltGuppy

Happy 300th! Looks like it was a good choice, too. :)

Uniquity

Hmm…Will try this 30 seconds nonsense, but it just seems wrong. Especially since i don’t use enough leaf.. : )

aisling of tea

I used two “perfect spoon”s because the leaf is so large, and it made a 24 ounce pot that was plenty strong for me, and held up well through another resteep of about 45 seconds. Nonsense, hmph! ;)

Comments

QuiltGuppy

Happy 300th! Looks like it was a good choice, too. :)

Uniquity

aisling of tea

I think I’m going to name my tea pet Mr. Turtle. Even though he’s a tortoise.

Scarborough, ON