Today I played the Random Tea Encounter game my wife gave me, and I rolled doubles, so I picked a card. “Choose a tea with a terrible pun in the name or description (Yo ho ho-conut!), drink it, and wish you were drinking Red Rose the whole time.” My in-laws are notorious for their bad puns, and that’s how my mother in law drinks looseleaf tea, wishing it was Red Rose the whole time.

So I chose this one! And in an effort to use up the soy milk in the fridge and get myself in the habit of using it (I’m a milk drinker from way back with a complete inability to digest the stuff), I made a latte! It is incredibly tasty, I steeped the leaves in the water and then again in the milk, which I then frothed because, let’s face it, I was bored out of my mind.

I don’t think this will become my usual method of making this tea, as it is kind of time-intensive and makes it a touch too rich for my tastes, but it is delicious for a now and again treat. It tastes like something I just want to curl up with and sip the day away. I should have tried this in the winter, but on the first real spring day Toronto has seen this year, it’s a bit much. Bring on the iced teas!