So I have a new morning habit of making myself a cup of black or oolong tea and pouring myself a glass of whatever I’ve got chilled in the fridge. By the time I’ve finished my glass of cold tea (which is exactly what my cotton-mouthed self is craving), my hot is cool enough to start drinking. When that’s gone, I usually start the process all over again.

This morning, this iced tea absolutely hit the spot…until I began eating my bagel. I know I brewed it a little weak, but with other flavors in the mix, this tea just slipped into the background until it felt like I was just drinking water. Next time, I will definitely start with more tea in the brewing stage of things. I just hate using that much tea, but I guess when I’m getting 6-7 glasses out of it, the ratio evens out.

Iced
Uniquity

I never ice my teas, I don’t really like it that much, but the beau DOES. I think I’ve read that you cold brew…What exactly do you do? Just stick some tea in some water, then put it in the fridge overnight?

aisling of tea

Well, what I do is use my MASSIVE teapot that holds 1.5 L and brew a pot. I pour it into my pitcher, and then I usually resteep the leaves for the last .5 of a L. My pitcher (from Walmart!) had a plastic tube you fill with water and then freeze that you put down in the middle of the pitcher to keep things cold without watering it down. I let everything cool on the counter for an hour or two, and then I refrigerate over night and just keep it in the fridge until it’s gone.

But if you just want to do a single cup of tea cold brew, then yeah, you just stick an infuser in a mug of cool water, stick it in the fridge overnight and wake up to cold yumminess in the morning. I prefer my method because it makes more and I can add my sugar while the tea is still hot, I’m too Southern to sweeten my iced tea any other way.

Comments

Uniquity

aisling of tea

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Etobicoke, ON