I think I blocked this one from my memory out of sorrow. I had it yesterday, the last of my little pouch. My timer was in use at the moment, so I tried to eyeball the time. Turns out, I need something to make noise at me. I got distracted loading the dishwasher and next thing I knew, it had been steeping for a full 10 minutes. I only got a single sip out of it, but it was too bitter and down the sink it went. We’re trying not to buy tea at the moment, so it will be a while until I can replace this one in my cupboard.

Farewell, Orange Pekoe. I’m sorry I wasted you! Not going to adjust my rating because I still love this tea, the poor taste was my own darn fault.

Boiling 8 min or more
Indigobloom

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done this myself… it really is sad! :(

QuiltGuppy

Same here…

aisling of tea

I almost cried, it sucked LOL.

Wayne

I can’t stand to waste, I usually just drink it anyway

aisling of tea

Ah, but drinking it would have utterly killed my love of their Orange Pekoe.

Comments

Indigobloom

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done this myself… it really is sad! :(

QuiltGuppy

Same here…

aisling of tea

I almost cried, it sucked LOL.

Wayne

I can’t stand to waste, I usually just drink it anyway

aisling of tea

Ah, but drinking it would have utterly killed my love of their Orange Pekoe.

I think I’m going to name my tea pet Mr. Turtle. Even though he’s a tortoise.

Scarborough, ON