I’ve been keeping jugs of various teas in my fridge, now that summer has finally come along, though they’ve mostly been herbals and the like. I keep trying to get my wife to taste them, and she does, and then she tells me she doesn’t like iced tea. Fair enough, gonna be a long summer without it for her. I can’t imagine drinking hot tea in the summer.

We stopped in DavidsTea the other day to drop off a resume and try some Jungle Ju Ju, and this was the tea of the day…iced. My wife takes one sip and says “Ooooh, this is really good iced.”

headdesk

So, this is my new jug-o-iced-tea in our fridge. I’m drinking the leftover bit from the teapot I brew it in, it won’t all fit in the jug (I have a 1.5 L teapot that I brew one pot of tea in, pour it into the jug, and then make another pot with the same leaves. This second steep usually leaves about a liter of tea behind, which is what I’m drinking now). It is delicious. I can really taste the almond in this cup, and it’s not a bad thing, it mixes well with the peach. I think this tea and I will have a good relationship this summer.

Iced 7 min, 0 sec
QuiltGuppy

Oh, how I wish I could say I “stopped in DavidsTea the other day to drop off a resume.”

aisling of tea

I’m dearly hoping I’ve come across as “Someone who loves tea” and not “That batshit crazy tea lady” XD

Uniquity

While we were in DavidsTea on Saturday one of the sales clerks (our favourite :D) came in to work and knew us instantly. We go there too much. : ) Good luck!

Indigobloom

haha I’m sure they will love you! and I’m pretty sure they think that it’s me who is the “batshit crazy tea lady” no stealing my title now!! :P

aisling of tea

Almost all of the workers there know us on sight, so we’ve made some kind of impression, at least!

Indigobloom

I tend to frequent all the locations so I’m not sure they would know me… but they do know me at Teaopia in the Path! I would so love to have that job

Wayne

The workers at my local DT definitely recognize me now.. I show up and I hear them saying to each other – hey there’s the guy that really likes black tea – and the last time I went in one girl gave me a personal recommendation for their new very limited Darjeeling First Flush … the other girl working there at the time said “I think you’re the customer who knows the most about tea” – I said people have told me I should work there, she said “yeah! you wouldn’t need much training..” :)

Comments

QuiltGuppy

Uniquity

Wayne

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Etobicoke, ON