drank Honey Bee by DAVIDsTEA

I’m caught in a vicious, vicious cycle. I have allergies from heck, to the point that without my Reactine, I literally cannot function. Unfortunately, Reactine makes me so tired, it’s hard to do anything but sit and stare at the wall. So I drink everything I can that offers caffeine, and then I have other caffeine-related troubles.

Except for when I reach for tea. I don’t know if it’s a different kind of caffeine or if it’s more spaced out, but tea doesn’t give me the aches and pains coffee or soda does.

This is likely TMI, but if someone out there has the same issues I do, this is good information to know: I get really painful lumps in my ahem chest area when I have too much caffeine, but I have yet to come across a tea that causes them, whereas coffee makes them appear after only a cup or so.

This is easily one of my favorites, the taste alone is enough to wake me up, and the added buzz (pun intended) might just be enough to get me off of this couch!

QuiltGuppy

I don’t get lumps, but I do get chest palpitations which are sometimes so severe that I can’t sleep at night. It’s truly frightening. I’ve cut out most black teas, except for one lightly steeped cup sometimes in the morning and that seems to have helped.

Indigobloom

I think this is a mate isn’t it? which means it has Maltiene in it, not caffeine… pretty much caffeine without the jitters. I had to ditch coffee because it was complicating some health issues for me, so when I really needed an alertness jolt, this tea type saved my arse!
on a side note, about the allergies… try quercetin, a natural anti-histamine, and a bio-flavonoid found in many of our foods. Sorry for the lecture, but I figure if what helped me can help others… well I have to share it :)

aisling of tea

Hey, helpful lectures are always welcome! I will definitely look in to that. At this point, I either don’t function because I can’t breathe, or I don’t function because I’m exhausted. There has to be a better way!

The Purrfect Cup

Yes coffee used to cause lumps in my chest area. Started taking evening primrose oil and extra vitamin E and STOPPED drinking coffee. Ok I’ve slipped and had two cups of the stuff in the last three months. Just a suggestion on the vitamins there. Have you tried just taking your allergy meds at night before bed. Mine make me sleepy but they last 12 hours and taking at night I have found helps.

Indigobloom

Good luck, I know what a pain it can be to deal with these issues, they take over your whole life!!!

aisling of tea

Yup, I take mine every night before bed, helps me sleep like a rock ;) But it also makes it very hard to get up in the morning. Thanks for the leads on the vitamins, I’ll take a peek at those too! Every little bit helps!

The Purrfect Cup

I thought the doc that suggested them was a quack, but they actually did work to a point. I still get the pain and the things are still there, I just notice them less.

Comments

QuiltGuppy

The Purrfect Cup

I think I’m going to name my tea pet Mr. Turtle. Even though he’s a tortoise.

Scarborough, ON