drank Whisky White by DAVIDsTEA

As we know by now, I am from The South. Not the south as in any state in the lower half of the US, but The South. Grew up in Tennessee and went to college in Kentucky. My area’s known for not letting the civil war die (I’ve done many reenactments in my time), good manners, chivalry, and, of course, whisky. So when I heard about this tea I had to try it. I love my whisky. I have three kinds in the house now, all made in Tennessee or Kentucky. (Can you guess which three?)

I made a jug of this for the fridge as soon as my wife got home with it. I adore this tea. Like she said, it tastes like whisky without the burn. I brewed it a little weak, but have no fear! This tea and I are in for a long, happy future. It is delicious and as tempting as with was to drop a little Jack or Jim in when I first tried it this morning, I resisted. However, it is well after five now…hmmm. Nah, I don’t want to mess up the smoothness with the burn of alcohol…tonight, anyway.

Also, I drank two cups of tea last night so this could be my 400th tasting note. Holy cow!

QuiltGuppy

Happy 400th! It looks like you made a great choice, too! :)

Indigobloom

wow congrats on your 400th! try multiple infusions if you can bear it hot, the second one is really smooth!!!

aisling of tea

Thanks and I will definitely do so! This is a tea I think I will keep in stock year round.

Jenn

I have to try this one! My mother used to make her own “cough medicine” with Jim, lemon, and sugar. Yeah, that’s just sweetened whisky Mom! How did I survive my childhood?

QuiltGuppy

@Jenn – So did my mom! (Well, she used honey instead of sugar.) Either that, or if we couldn’t sleep, she would just give us a capful of straight whisky. :)

Comments

QuiltGuppy

Happy 400th! It looks like you made a great choice, too! :)

Indigobloom

aisling of tea

Jenn

QuiltGuppy

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Etobicoke, ON