My jug of cold tea for the next few days. Out of a fear that the black wouldn’t resteep well (to make iced tea, I make one pot of tea, pour it into my jug, and then resteep the leaves to get my full two liters), I probably used way too much and it is super strong. I used about twice the amount of leaf I usually use for 2 L of tea, and I brewed it in a smaller teapot (to avoid having an extra liter leftover…and the other one was dirty). So it is super strong, but very, very tasty. I’m enjoying this iced a lot, though I need to be careful about drinking it after five. I like sleeping. Maybe I need to keep one jug of caf tea and one jug of decaf in the fridge.

This tea really is a delight iced, and it’s creamy without any milk added. A bit bitter, but that’s my fault. It’s creamy and sweet and everything I want in a black tea.

Maybe when I go home to Tennessee in August, I should steal a milk jug or two from mom so I’m not lying when I call my pitchers of iced tea “jugs”.

Iced