So, I am on this. After a few days of taking Reactine (Zyrtec for my US friends) as well as a Chlortrimeton/Sudafed mix and still sneezing to the point of pain when I step outside, I am looking for more natural ways to beat my allergies. Of course, tons of vitamin C, but also green tea is supposed to help. My mom brought up local honey, which seems so obvious when you think about it. Local honey is made from local pollens, so it helps your system build an immunity to them. Oh darn, I have to eat some honey every day. My life is so hard. XD.

So, when I thought of green tea and vitamin C, I immediately thought of this tea. I’d been avoiding it because, well, greens are too much trouble for my tastes and even when I do manage to brew them properly, I’m not overly fond of them anyway. So it’s a lot of work for not much payoff. But this one has surprised me, especially since I had it as a to-go cup and we all know that the to-go teas from DT usually don’t turn out so great. But I’m drinking this one iced and I’m really enjoying it. It’s light and it’s super refreshing, just what I was looking for. And if it means I get to breathe, all the better.

I can taste the earthiness of the green, but it’s a good thing, it’s not overwhelming, and the fruitiness is what takes to a better place for me. I am truly enjoying this tea and look forward to more of it!

(For those hoping to fight allergies naturally, any of the cold remedy teas also have a lot of ingredients designed to help the symptoms, if not the cause.)

Iced
Jessie

I’ve read a few different places that rooibos is good for allergies. Does it help you? Good luck fending them off!

aisling of tea

Well, yesterday I was outside for a good 3-4 hours. I took one Reactine and one does of the other pills at 6:30 am and didn’t take anything else that day except Green Seduction and local honey, so…who knows? Maybe it does work! The true test will be tomorrow when we’re wandering around Toronto for Father’s Day.

Comments

Jessie

aisling of tea

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Scarborough, ON