Trying this one again, I so want to love it. But I just can’t. I started with my usual 1 tsp of sugar. I took one sip and had to add another tsp and a dollop of soy milk. I haven’t added milk to my tea in months. I only let it steep two minutes. I guess it’s just stronger than I care for. I love the cream…I could do without the Earl Grey.

MaddHatter

I don’t know how many tsp this particular DAVIDsTEA suggests, but I find that most of their teas only need 1 tsp. I was not crazy about Glittler and Gold, but I am sure that if I just had a tsp of tea it would be so much more enjoyable?

QueenOfTarts

Erin, I was just thinking of that today, that some of DAVIDsTEA teas are awesomely strong, but might be okay with just 1 tsp instead. :) If you try it with any of DAVIDsTEA, let us know how it turns out!

bergamot… not my fave flavour either! I can’t find one to love

Indigobloom

(unless it’s very light bergamot)

MaddHatter

It is a tough one to like, I find they all smell like that mould grass concocotion I used to make as a kid… Yet my bother loves this double bergamont blend he got from somewhere… ewwww! Bergamont and deejarlings are both tough sells for me.

mold, yes I get that as well!! good to know I’m not the only one

Daddyselephant

Oh, I never use more than 1 tsp of leaf per perfect mug for any tea. I think it is the bergamot, though. It just…blegh. Oh well, at least I know this tea won’t go to waste, the wife lives for all things Earl Grey. I think I just need to find a really good vanilla black.

Comments

MaddHatter

QueenOfTarts

bergamot… not my fave flavour either! I can’t find one to love

Indigobloom

(unless it’s very light bergamot)

mold, yes I get that as well!! good to know I’m not the only one

Daddyselephant

Formerly aisling of tea, now you can call me ele .

New label as of May, 2015: Diabetic. I’m using tea to satisfy my sweet tooth cravings and keep me hydrated without hurting my system or messing with my blood sugar.

Ah, tea. My love for you is ever changing. At my last update, I was all about the rooibos and now I hardly drink it. I only occasionally had an oolong and now I have one just about every day. I’ve learned the art of resteeping and coldbrewing and kombucha. I have a lovely little tea pet named…well, I haven’t decided on a name for him yet. I also have five! live pets, a tabby cat named Rosabella Francis (Bella for short), a ginger cat named Orange Julius Pekoe (Pekoe), a white and grey cat named Earl Jean Grey (Earlie), a tuxedo cat (and the only boy in the house) Prince Erik Darien Darjeeling (JiJi) and a red foot tortoise named Da Hong Pao (Pao). So if you see me referring to my girls, I don’t have kids, just animals.

I am by no means a tea purist. I greatly enjoy flavored teas and I put stevia in all of my teas. It’s just how I do.

I think I’m going to name my tea pet Mr. Turtle. Even though he’s a tortoise.

Scarborough, ON