Trying this one again, I so want to love it. But I just can’t. I started with my usual 1 tsp of sugar. I took one sip and had to add another tsp and a dollop of soy milk. I haven’t added milk to my tea in months. I only let it steep two minutes. I guess it’s just stronger than I care for. I love the cream…I could do without the Earl Grey.

MaddHatter

I don’t know how many tsp this particular DAVIDsTEA suggests, but I find that most of their teas only need 1 tsp. I was not crazy about Glittler and Gold, but I am sure that if I just had a tsp of tea it would be so much more enjoyable?

QueenOfTarts

Erin, I was just thinking of that today, that some of DAVIDsTEA teas are awesomely strong, but might be okay with just 1 tsp instead. :) If you try it with any of DAVIDsTEA, let us know how it turns out!

bergamot… not my fave flavour either! I can’t find one to love

Indigobloom

(unless it’s very light bergamot)

MaddHatter

It is a tough one to like, I find they all smell like that mould grass concocotion I used to make as a kid… Yet my bother loves this double bergamont blend he got from somewhere… ewwww! Bergamont and deejarlings are both tough sells for me.

mold, yes I get that as well!! good to know I’m not the only one

aisling of tea

Oh, I never use more than 1 tsp of leaf per perfect mug for any tea. I think it is the bergamot, though. It just…blegh. Oh well, at least I know this tea won’t go to waste, the wife lives for all things Earl Grey. I think I just need to find a really good vanilla black.

Comments

MaddHatter

QueenOfTarts

bergamot… not my fave flavour either! I can’t find one to love

Indigobloom

(unless it’s very light bergamot)

mold, yes I get that as well!! good to know I’m not the only one

aisling of tea

I think I’m going to name my tea pet Mr. Turtle. Even though he’s a tortoise.

Scarborough, ON