Trying this one again, I so want to love it. But I just can’t. I started with my usual 1 tsp of sugar. I took one sip and had to add another tsp and a dollop of soy milk. I haven’t added milk to my tea in months. I only let it steep two minutes. I guess it’s just stronger than I care for. I love the cream…I could do without the Earl Grey.

MaddHatter

I don’t know how many tsp this particular DAVIDsTEA suggests, but I find that most of their teas only need 1 tsp. I was not crazy about Glittler and Gold, but I am sure that if I just had a tsp of tea it would be so much more enjoyable?

QueenOfTarts

Erin, I was just thinking of that today, that some of DAVIDsTEA teas are awesomely strong, but might be okay with just 1 tsp instead. :) If you try it with any of DAVIDsTEA, let us know how it turns out!

bergamot… not my fave flavour either! I can’t find one to love

Indigobloom

(unless it’s very light bergamot)

MaddHatter

It is a tough one to like, I find they all smell like that mould grass concocotion I used to make as a kid… Yet my bother loves this double bergamont blend he got from somewhere… ewwww! Bergamont and deejarlings are both tough sells for me.

mold, yes I get that as well!! good to know I’m not the only one

aisling of tea

Oh, I never use more than 1 tsp of leaf per perfect mug for any tea. I think it is the bergamot, though. It just…blegh. Oh well, at least I know this tea won’t go to waste, the wife lives for all things Earl Grey. I think I just need to find a really good vanilla black.

Comments

MaddHatter

QueenOfTarts

bergamot… not my fave flavour either! I can’t find one to love

Indigobloom

(unless it’s very light bergamot)

mold, yes I get that as well!! good to know I’m not the only one

aisling of tea

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Etobicoke, ON