Gah! For some reason my browser wasn’t letting me access steepster over the last day or so. It was driving me nuts, I didn’t realize how much time I spent on this site!

Anyway, yesterday we spent some time with my in-laws, who just returned from Nova Scotia. De’s Aunt was apparently getting rid of some “tea for one” teapots (you know the kind with the teapot on top and the mug on the bottom?), so my mother in law snagged them for us, which was very kind, especially since they were flying. I’ve always avoided this kind of teapot because if I’m going to just make enough tea for one cup, why dirty a teapot over it? But I am in love…I’ll have to get De to take a picture for me. The cup is somewhat shallow, but wide and my tea cools to drinking temperature much faster when in the cup, something I need. And my pot holds enough for about two cups of tea, so it works out beautifully for me. I love this pot…I’ll have to try the other one too.

That all being said, I think I’m going to start my own tea blog for things like this. I always feel like my reviews are too wordy and more story than review. This way I’ll have a central place for my stories and my reviews and my recipes.

I still love to hate this tea. After careful consideration, I’ve decided not to place an order with Harney and pick it up from my parents in the States when I visit them in August. I just…yeah, I still have no desire to support them…though I can’t say I’ll be able to resist if we duck into a B&N and see this tea there. My willpower…she is weak.

Angrboda

I like the story aspect of the review. But then maybe I’m biased as I have the same sort of tendency. I don’t know, sometimes I just think it’s cool to also have the circumstances in which a tea is tried, what sort of mood the person was in to choose it. So if it was up to me alone, I would say please don’t stop doing it here as well.

The Purrfect Cup

I agree, I like learning about why a particular tea was chosen over another. Keep us posted on the blog front.

QuiltGuppy

I never heard from them either, when I sent them that letter of concern.

aisling of tea

My stories will likely still appear here, as I can’t seem to keep myself from telling them XD.

QG- Yeah, I don’t think I’ll ever be willing to place an online order with them again. They’re not worth the drama.

That being said, my new blog is up and running! Feel free to check it out! http://aislingoftea.wordpress.com/

Indigobloom

Me to, the story part of tea is what makes or breaks the experience sometimes. It makes things so much more interesting :)

Comments

Angrboda

The Purrfect Cup

QuiltGuppy

I never heard from them either, when I sent them that letter of concern.

aisling of tea

Indigobloom

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Etobicoke, ON