drank My Morning Mate by Teavana

So I enjoy this tea, but I’ve been on a bit of a “clean the cupboard out” spree. It doesn’t help that I’m going to see my brother (who is kind of into looseleaf, but not as much as I am) in a few weeks and I promised to bring him tea. He loves mate, loves coffee, and lives where he could get to a Teavana if he wants more of this blend, so this is going to him…along with far too many other teas. Apparently I am incredibly not stingy when it comes to gifts of tea for family…he’s even getting a perfect mug! Granted, it’s used, but we have a full set of the DavidsTea birds now (I couldn’t resist the newest one…it’s purple and white, just like my kitchen), and his name is David, so I figured he’d get a kick out of the DavidsTea logo one I have.

Anyway, it’s just like the last time I had it. One sip I love it, but the next sip I can’t stand it. I don’t understand this tea, I just don’t. More for him, I suppose.

Formerly aisling of tea, now you can call me ele .

New label as of May, 2015: Diabetic. I’m using tea to satisfy my sweet tooth cravings and keep me hydrated without hurting my system or messing with my blood sugar.

Ah, tea. My love for you is ever changing. At my last update, I was all about the rooibos and now I hardly drink it. I only occasionally had an oolong and now I have one just about every day. I’ve learned the art of resteeping and coldbrewing and kombucha. I have a lovely little tea pet named…well, I haven’t decided on a name for him yet. I also have five! live pets, a tabby cat named Rosabella Francis (Bella for short), a ginger cat named Orange Julius Pekoe (Pekoe), a white and grey cat named Earl Jean Grey (Earlie), a tuxedo cat (and the only boy in the house) Prince Erik Darien Darjeeling (JiJi) and a red foot tortoise named Da Hong Pao (Pao). So if you see me referring to my girls, I don’t have kids, just animals.

I am by no means a tea purist. I greatly enjoy flavored teas and I put stevia in all of my teas. It’s just how I do.

I think I’m going to name my tea pet Mr. Turtle. Even though he’s a tortoise.

Scarborough, ON