drank Mom's Apple Pie by DAVIDsTEA

It’s official, I’m never buying premade tea in-store from DAVIDsTEA again. This was supposed to be the tea of the day, but they hadn’t received their shipment of it yet. The girl tried to sell me on Sencha Pear, telling me they tasted quite similar (they don’t) and my other option was the Decaffinator, which…blegh. No thanks. So I opted to pay full price, well, fullish since I had my travel press with me, to get a cup of Mom’s Apple Pie. I waited a minute or so after it was given back to me to press the leaves to the bottom. When it was finally cool enough for me to take a sip, I nearly spat it out. The leaves were very obviously scorched. To the point that I couldn’t drink it. So essentially I paid $2 for a round of nausea. Grrrrr. I keep telling myself, stick to the herbals and blacks in store, they do nothing but burn greens and whites. Blegh. I might take advantage of the $1 tea of the day special until it’s gone, but I’m not paying $2 for a cup there again unless desperate.

In other news, I bought a harvest tin of this beautiful little tea. So it ain’t all bad! And some Southern Belle to try at home.

Amen to that sista.
The Mom’s Apple Pie is especially bad there o_o but the tins are so cute, eh? :D

aisling of tea

So cute! I need to try the carrot cake before committing to a tin, and I already have a tin of pumpkin chai (though I might get one anyway), but I am in love! I do appreciate that the cost of a regular tin of MAP is $15, and that’s the price of the harvest tin.

DaisyChubb

Yeah I’m also appreciative of the cost! Why not get the tin if you would get a regular one anyways? Hooray for cuteness.
Ditto on the trying of the carrot cake first, although it sounds amazing for sure! If it had a cream cheese icing flavour instead of plain icing I probably would have bought it on the spot regardless haha

Indigobloom

wait, can you try it first?? I don’t see carrot cake on the shelf behind the counter… only in the massive tins on the display shelf!

Cattibrie

Carrot cake is available October 1st. It’s the October tea of the month.

Jessie

I just bought myself a tin of this too! Can’t wait to dig into it.

I have a stainless steel Bodum press, which is basically identical to the DT one except for the steel. I don’t really have luck making black/green teas with the press because they do seem to go really bitter on me. Does it usually work for you?

DaisyChubb

I have the same problem Jessie, I just stick to easy never-bitter teas for my press because I haven’t been able to not oversteep them haha

aisling of tea

I’ve had success with blacks and oolongs. I am eyeing the Aladdin Essential Infuser, (http://www.shoptoit.ca/aladdin-12-ounce-essential-infuser/17304748/) if only because I can throw it into my bag and go. Maybe not. Dunno.

Jessie

DaisyChubb: Yeah, it’s easiest to stick with herbals and honeybush at work etc. anyway. The press was kind of too good to be true!

Aisling: the Aladdin definitely looks interesting, and I’ve considered it too. Yet another tea gadget on my list!

YellowBoxFish

okokok. if the tea tastes bad, let them know!! Their customer service is wonderful! and as long as having green or black teas in press mugs go, i usually just ask them to put it in a teasac which they will be more than willing to do, so i can stop resteeping it. I absolutely hate oversteeped green tea, so i make sure :) )

Comments

DaisyChubb

Amen to that sista.

Indigobloom

Cattibrie

Carrot cake is available October 1st. It’s the October tea of the month.

Jessie

I just bought myself a tin of this too! Can’t wait to dig into it.

YellowBoxFish

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Scarborough, ON