drank Checkmate by DAVIDsTEA

Had another cup of this while taking a break from the office, they finally let me buy a bag to take home! So excited! So yummy…I understeeped it out of fear of over steeping, but it was still delicious. I brought home 50 grams for the wife.

It’s an amazing combination, it’s chocolatey without being overly so, and it just really hits the spot.

Edited to add: There is apparently no chocolate in this! It just combines flavors to trick your mind into tasting chocolate. Ingredients: Bai Mu Dan, black tea, chamomile, and coconut.

Plunkybug

How interesting! Any idea when the winter stuff is out?

DaisyChubb

DavidsTea is so brilliant with chamomile sometimes! Can’t wait :D

Uniquity

November 1 for winter teas, and that is the retirement date for fall teas as well.

Plunkybug

I agree with you on that one Daisy.

MaddHatter

Bard. Chamomile… Darn this tea was so promising. Maybe u will still try some this weekend despite the chamomile.

Comments

Plunkybug

How interesting! Any idea when the winter stuff is out?

DaisyChubb

DavidsTea is so brilliant with chamomile sometimes! Can’t wait :D

Uniquity

Plunkybug

I agree with you on that one Daisy.

MaddHatter

Formerly aisling of tea, now you can call me ele .

New label as of May, 2015: Diabetic. I’m using tea to satisfy my sweet tooth cravings and keep me hydrated without hurting my system or messing with my blood sugar.

Ah, tea. My love for you is ever changing. At my last update, I was all about the rooibos and now I hardly drink it. I only occasionally had an oolong and now I have one just about every day. I’ve learned the art of resteeping and coldbrewing and kombucha. I have a lovely little tea pet named…well, I haven’t decided on a name for him yet. I also have five! live pets, a tabby cat named Rosabella Francis (Bella for short), a ginger cat named Orange Julius Pekoe (Pekoe), a white and grey cat named Earl Jean Grey (Earlie), a tuxedo cat (and the only boy in the house) Prince Erik Darien Darjeeling (JiJi) and a red foot tortoise named Da Hong Pao (Pao). So if you see me referring to my girls, I don’t have kids, just animals.

I am by no means a tea purist. I greatly enjoy flavored teas and I put stevia in all of my teas. It’s just how I do.

I think I’m going to name my tea pet Mr. Turtle. Even though he’s a tortoise.

Scarborough, ON