When I spoke to my mother in Tennessee this morning, she let me know it’s around 80F where she is today. When I am, Toronto, we are expecting snow tomorrow. To honor my new Canadian home (and because I bought it a few days ago and have been wanting to try it), I brewed up a nice cuppa this morning.

Now, every time I’ve gone into Tealish, I’ve had a bad experience. I am almost always ignored, and the employees seem less than enthused about tea, which is a shame. Tealish could be such a nice, happy place. But when a customer is ignored, even when they’re the only other person in the store, something needs to be done about their customer service. Now, you all know how I am about customer service (Harney and Sons, anyone), so I tweeted about it and got a reply from Tealish asking me to e-mail them the full story. I did and got an e-mail back within twenty-four hours. Not a form letter, an actual response. I was very, very impressed. When I left Monday evening, I didn’t ever want to set foot inside Tealish again, but their terrific response and actually listening to what I had to say has convinced me to give them another go. So if you’re in the Toronto area, given Tealish a chance. They may not be 100% yet, but they’re trying and that says a lot. Better than some of the local juggernauts that sell inferior products.

As for the tea, I’m really enjoying it! It’s strong without being bitter, the mix is different from that of Irish breakfast or English breakfast, and it is certainly waking me up. This might become a standard in my home. I thought I didn’t like breakfast teas, because I haven’t liked any English breakfast I’ve tried, but no. I love Irish breakfast and I’m loving this tea, so maybe I’m just not English enough for the other ;)

Jessie

I’ve found Tealish to have a bit of a different vibe (laid back, I guess), but I actually find it a relief after visiting, say, DT or Teaopia where I can find the perkiness pretty grating. I’m also consistently impressed with their teas. It definitely shouldn’t go too far in the other direction that you’re ignored, though! I’m happy they made it right with you.

Comments

Jessie

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Etobicoke, ON