So there are two absolutes in my tea-drinking habits:
1. I will only like a green tea if it is heavily flavored, and even then, it’s iffy.
2. I take my teas with sugar.

And yet, here I am with a straight green with absolutely nothing added to it, and I’m loving it. Loving it! I’ve been absolutely aching to try this tea since I first started chatting with the owner of Verdant Tea, David, about tea folklore and he shared the story of this tea with me.

I even broke out the YiXing teapot we got as a wedding gift and then never used. This is lovely. Incredibly, wonderfully lovely. It tastes green and crisp and delicious. And yes, we both taste snap peas!

David Duckler

Excellent! I am super happy that this tea can give you a rewarding flavor well outside what your “absolutes.” Laoshan tea just stunned me the first time I tried it. There is nothing quite like it. I am lucky to have the trust of the farmers who allow these tiny crops to be exported.

The new autumn harvest will be in next week. I can’t wait to try it!

Amariel

Wow! I too, add sugar or other sweetener to all my tea. Very interesting.

TeaBrat

I had some earlier today and it is quite good.

Comments

David Duckler

The new autumn harvest will be in next week. I can’t wait to try it!

Amariel

Wow! I too, add sugar or other sweetener to all my tea. Very interesting.

TeaBrat

I had some earlier today and it is quite good.

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Etobicoke, ON