Not rating this quite yet, because I think I did something wrong, I must have. I can taste the banana bread, and it’s quite promising, but then it is overwhelmingly bitter. So bitter it erases the taste of everything else. So I’m going to try a shorter steep with a lower temperature. If I get to the end of this 26 g sample without having a good cup, I will cry.

TeaBrat

I haven’t had a banana tea yet that I like…

Plunkybug

Is it bitter from the walnut maybe?

Cattibrie

I had the same experience today when I made this. It tasted fine at the start but the bitterness really took over. Let me know if you can figure out a better steeping time.

Comments

TeaBrat

I haven’t had a banana tea yet that I like…

Plunkybug

Is it bitter from the walnut maybe?

Cattibrie

I think I’m going to name my tea pet Mr. Turtle. Even though he’s a tortoise.

Scarborough, ON