Well, I started off my day with a cup of this, but then I got sucked into Occupy Wall Street news from last night and it got cold on me. I did have about half of it while hot, and while it is pretty good, it is not as good as their Vanilla Decaf. Boo. Hopefully they have some left in stock. It’s creamy, but not as creamy as the other tea. Wish we had milk in the house.

So now I’m freaking out a bit about what is happening in New York and what it looks like will happen in my beloved Toronto tonight (About an hour and a half ago, Occupy Toronto was given eviction papers. They have until midnight to clear out). I need something calming.

Ninavampi

Too bad it didn’t live up to vanilla decaf… Hopefully it was able to calm you down at least a bit!

DaisyChubb

Hang in there aisling, though the tent cities are gone, the sentiment is still going strong. We have city hall marches over here, even after the eviction papers came. Here it’s more for safety though, as we’re getting into -40 to -50 weather soon. But either way, nothing in the movement is dead. Just a little less physical “occupy-y” :)

aisling of tea

Yikes! I just remember the G20 all to well, and after what happened in New York, it’s scary. My heart can’t take seeing Toronto hurt like that again.

Oh yeah, good point ; 3; Sending good energy to my TO folks <3

Amariel

I know our City Hall is getting frustrated with our Occupy folks, and are looking at ways to clear, or move the tent city. Allegedly, the tent city seems more of a haven for homeless, drug use, and violence, and any sentiment towards the real occupy movement seems gone from the camp.

aisling of tea

See, I would disagree strongly with that. First of all, what’s wrong with the homeless having a haven? Secondly, there is a drug and alcohol policy in place at the Occupy site that is enforced. Mainstream media just wants folks to think it’s a big hippie drugfest with no purpose. Have you seen any of the livestream from the site? The occupy sentiment is alive and well.

Amariel

There is intravenous drug use at the camp here, and the more people that move indoors, the more the drug use is filtering into Centennial Square. The drug and alcohol policy within the Occupy site is not being enforced here apparently.

Comments

Ninavampi

Oh yeah, good point ; 3; Sending good energy to my TO folks <3

Amariel

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Scarborough, ON