drank Splash! by DAVIDsTEA

First of all, I’m not going to rate this one because I bought it expecting not to like it, and that’s just not fair. But I put my faith in DavidsTea, they have yet to make a blend I hate. It may not be my favorite cup ever, but I’ve never had a tea from them that wasn’t at least somewhat enjoyable.

At first sniff, I was sure this would be the tea to break that record. It is very, very strong. It does remind me of the ocean a bit, but I get none of the mint mentioned. Frankly, the smell of the dry leaf turns my stomach.

The steeped tea is much weaker, thank goodness. But all I taste is the sea lettuce and the cardamom. I’m having a hard time finding the words to describe the sea lettuce other than, well, it tastes like it sounds like it would taste. Kind of like I imagine seaweed would taste. Hrm.

Luckily, it did not break the record for me. It’s a decent tea, and if vegetal greens are your thing, I’d recommend this. I’m glad I only got 10g, though. The sea lettuce is something I’d never tasted before, so I’m pleased to have tried something new…nori! That’s it, it tastes like nori to me. Which is seaweed. Hrm. Now I want sushi.

Miss Alex

A first smell of this was an immediate turnoff for me. I found that the actual taste was not unlike a weak chai.

aisling of tea

Agreed. I’m not a fan of greens or cardamom, and the smell…yeah, it was really obvious this would not be the tea for me.

Maxime-Daniel Friðrikson

However, I respect Davidstea for trying new type of blend. Good or not.

aisling of tea

Agreed to this as well :)

Kittenna

Interesting – you tasted only sea lettuce and cardamom; I only tasted ginger and peppermint! Didn’t like it either though :P

happiecat

I wonder if people are getting an unbalanced blend? I taste mainly ginger, mint, and green tea leaves… I also wonder if they alter the blends slightly over the years.

Comments

Miss Alex

Maxime-Daniel Friðrikson

However, I respect Davidstea for trying new type of blend. Good or not.

aisling of tea

Agreed to this as well :)

Kittenna

happiecat

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Scarborough, ON