drank Matcha Matsu by DAVIDsTEA

Matchaaaaa! My local DT finally had some in stock, I was so happy! I eagerly got a cup (as I bought my new pink flowered bubble teapot!)

And then it got busy at work, and I didn’t get a chance to grab anything to eat until three hours later, so I drank about half of this on an empty stomach. Never again. I was flushed and dizzy and hyper and blegh. That energy boost was nearly the end of me.

I asked them to add agave, and so they did. To the bottom of the cup. And then they poured the matcha on top and it didn’t mix in until a few hours later when I swirled the bitter cup to try and, well, make it smoother.

It was bitter, true, but I saw great potential in it and I am eagerly awaiting my matcha set from Teavana…should it ever arrive. But that’s another story. I see many, many matcha smoothies in my future.

oh dear, that doesn’t sound like fun :/
Hope your feeling better

teaNsympathy

I love the teavana set! The whisk is amazing, and be sure to check out matchasource for a whole bunch of recipes (anything from lattes, smoothies, and even matcha cupcakes with matcha buttercream frosting) all of which are too delicious to be believed!

Tina S.

I’m getting more and more curious which DT you visit, since it sounds like they don’t make many of their drinks well in-house. And that is a sad sad thing!

aisling of tea

Indigo, I felt much, much better after I ate XD. I was warned about an energy boost, and I knew drinking it on an empty stomach was a bad idea, I just didn’t have a lot of options.

tea – I hope it gets here soon, but I won’t be ordering from Teavana ever again. But I am crazy excited for matcha smoothies…I’m a smoothie slut XD.

Tina – Well, I’m picky as heck about how I like my tea, and it seems to be an issue with Davids everywhere that their made-in-store teas are subpar. But hey, I still love them! And there are some teas that just cannot be messed up, so I tend to stick to those. I’d rather work around the corner from a Davids (Sherway Gardens, by the way. Love the employees there!) and occasionally deal with a bad brew than a Tim’s where the tea is just plain awful XD.

Tina S.

Oh God, yeah Tim Hortons needs to just stop selling it, or at least stop ruining the name of tea.

If you’re ever in the area, pop into the Brampton DT. I’ve found that they make it better than any of the GTA locations I’ve been in. (Although they’re sold out of matcha right now, which makes me sad!)

aisling of tea

My mother in law drives me up the wall. “Want tea?” “Oooh, yes!” “Okay!” pulls into a Tim’s. “….” booooo. Not tea. Rocket fuel.

My job does have an office in Brampton, so I may find myself in the area, who knows! If I do, I will definitely stop in!

Cattibrie

I had a great tea latte at the Scarborough David’s Tea on Monday.

Tina S.

Okay, there are enough of us local people on this thread I’m tempted to ask if people want to do a meetup!

Indigobloom

a meet up would be fun!! count me in :)

Cattibrie

I wish I lived closer. We were in Pickering to babysit my neice and nephew for the weekend. I almost made it to the First Canadian Place store on the Friday night too. But we had to go back to the car to get a doll to take to the Raptors game.
But if you do a meet up let me know just in case we are visiting that weekend.

ohlady92

I added 1/2 a teaspoon to my smoothie and got the most intense “buzz” from it and I ate it with a solid meal! I totally feel ya on that weird feeling I think I will add less to my smoothie next time and slowly ease myself into more.

Comments

Indigobloom

oh dear, that doesn’t sound like fun :/
Hope your feeling better

teaNsympathy

Cattibrie

I had a great tea latte at the Scarborough David’s Tea on Monday.

Indigobloom

a meet up would be fun!! count me in :)

Cattibrie

But if you do a meet up let me know just in case we are visiting that weekend.

ohlady92

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Scarborough, ON