Just got my order in from the English Tea Store, so I’m excited to have so many new teas to review. This morning I tried Angel’s Dream, which is one I was very excited about.

In the package, it smelled strange, like there was this weird artificial odor to it. I think it might have been from the plastic bag it was in, because when I stirred it around, the smell dissipated. When I brewed it, it smelled fine. No obvious scents other than a slight fruitiness.

After I tasted Angel’s Dream, I had to look it up online to see what flavors I was supposed to be getting. Maple? Really? Blackberry I can see, kind of, but to be honest this seems more like a nice, smooth, slightly fruity black tea. It’s closer to an English Breakfast than to a flavored tea to me. I definitely am enjoying it but I wouldn’t seek it out again because I have plenty of fancy plain black teas.