I had high expectations for this tea. I love blueberry teas. And blueberry crumble? YUM! However, for me, this tea failed to deliver. It had a pleasant scent when brewed. I sweetened it and drank it at my normal temperature but for the whole cup, all I got was a pleasant, slightly cinnamony tea. Not a note of blueberry at all, ever. No cake or crumble. Nothing to write home about.

I even left it in my closed Breville overnight by accident, and when I opened it up the next day, I didn’t get any blueberry OR cake smell at all. The only time I got a scent out of it is when I smelled the wet leaf, then I got the cake scent. Normally if I leave a tea sitting in the Breville I have to rinse and rinse to get the smell out. I didn’t have to do that in this case.

I don’t know what to say, except those who like this specific tea should keep an eye on my swap list. ;-)

Kittenna

Strange that you didn’t get any blueberry. It’s certainly not a major player here, but I’m definitely picking it up, like a hot blueberry-in-a-crisp sort of flavour. Less artificial than some I’ve tasted, even.

Rachel Sincere

Kittena, what’s even weirder is that one of the people I swapped it to told me that it had a weird artificial flavor and she could only take two sips before dumping out the cup! She thought it might be rancid. It was a brand new bag. I’m wondering if I got a bad batch somehow.

Kittenna

Weird. Did you message Della Terra about it?

Comments

Kittenna

Rachel Sincere

Kittenna

Weird. Did you message Della Terra about it?

Oshkosh, WI