drank Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA

So excited to try this! I love squash and pumpkin pie, and autumn is kinda my favourite season, so I was dying to get one of these cute little tins of Pumpkin Chai. I have to mention that I wouldn’t have this tea right now if it were not for the excellent customer service at Davids. I had an issue with another tea I bought so they offered to get me another tea instead, and luckily there was still some of this left!
I made a cup yesterday, with a little brown sugar and lots of cold milk. Let it steep about 3 minutes, and it smelled wonderful. My bf (who hates tea but has said “mmm!” to almost every tin of Davids I’ve shoved under his nose :P) said that it smelled just like pumpkin pie.
With just a bit of sugar and some plain milk, the spices come through in a really nice way. It warms the back of my throat but isn’t too overpowering. The pumpkin is definitely there but I don’t know if I’m liking it that much…it’s hard to describe the flavour it’s giving me. It’s not terrible, but a bit too strong I think.
Now I’m drinking a homemade ‘latte’ and it’s treating me much better :) I brewed a heaping spoonful of the tea in a small cup of water for 4 minutes. I also added a bit more sugar, almost a tsp. Then I brewed a tassimo latte disc into the tea (lazy but I had to try it!). Plus a dash of pumpkin pie spice on top.
The results….are not bad! I definitely enjoy the pumpkin taste a bit more, now that it’s muted a bit. And the spices are still shining through (with some help from my garnish).
All in all, I am so glad I finally got to try this!! Next time I’m gonna use even more sugar though and see what happens. It may not be a favourite, but it is interesting and worth a try.