drank La Belle Epoque by Lupicia

My 10th tea from The Book of Tea. So now The Book is 1/3 completed! :D

This tea has a beautiful and nostalgic name. Frankly speaking, I don’t really get what the “nostalgic aroma” means… does it refer to the fruity and earthy aroma that I got? Anyway, it smelted lovely and comforting, especially on a cold winter evening! At first I thought it was just an innocent cup of Darjeeling, but then I found out that it had a unique salty aftertaste that I had never got from other Darjeeling teas. Even more unexpected was that it had a tinge of spiciness that became detectable as I kept drinking. I don’t think I like the tea more because of the savoury aftertaste and spiciness, but they appear to make this blend special memorable. A tea that leaves a deep impression… perhaps that’s why they call it La Belle Epoque? ;)

TeaBrat

I always see this one at the Lupicia store but never bought it due to the goofy description. ;-)