drank The Earl's Garden by DAVIDsTEA

It’s the first time I found DAVIDsTEA in Hong Kong! View 62 by Paco Roncero in Wanchai apparently stocks a pretty impressive collection. I have tried DAVIDsTEA and felt disappointed for several times. Being a tea adventurer I tried again, but my impression had not changed… :(

Actually I can’t say this tea is bad, it’s a sweet, fruit-flavoured black tea that many girls would like. It goes with cakes quite nicely, and its name is really lovely too! But I was dissatisfied because it’s NOT an Earl Grey, at least I couldn’t taste any bergamot in it! This was strange because the distinctive, intense flavour of bergamot tends to stand out even in the presence of other fruits. Besides, the fruity flavour in this tea was too artificial, it tasted more like strawberry and blackcurrant candies than real fruits. More like a tea for kids rather than sophisticated tea drinkers. I can’t help comparing it with other fruit-flavoured teas by Lupicia and concluding that the latter is clearly superior.