drank Decaf Muscat by Lupicia

Last night I had a cup of Earl Grey Chocolat before going to bed, and I was unable to sleep after rolling in the bed for 2 hours. So I decided to have decaffeinated tea tonight before sleep…

I picked this tea bag from The Book of Tea for Ladies. I loved the smell of the dry leaves and liquor – juicy, sweet muscat! Hmm actually I have never tasted real muscat, but at least that’s how muscat gummies smell like! Sadly, the liquor had nothing to do with fruitiness or sweetness. It’s just a bland black tea… I wonder if the lack of flavour has anything to do with its decaf nature (I don’t have much experience with decaf tea). Every sip is a disappointment – you can smell the cheerful, sweet muscat fragrance as you hold the cup to your mouth, and this leads you to have a certain expectation about the tea… but after you have taken a sip you realize that there’s so little taste in the tea. Aargh.