drank "25 December" Green by THE O DOR

Congratulations to this tea on scoring over 90 on my rating scale! This is truly an achievement as this has NEVER occurred to any spiced tea beforehand. I ordered this tea because it was Christmas, but I have to admit that I approached it with skepticism. Based on its list of ingredients – Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Bitter Orange, Orange rind shavings – I was expecting the liquid version of fruit cake. The problem was: I had never liked fruit cake!

Surprisingly, instead of being a drinkable fruit cake, this tea was more like a fruit cake accompanied by a cup of green tea – the spiciness and extreme sweetness of fruit cake that I feared was toned down by the soft green tea, while the flavour of green tea was enhanced by the gentle notes of spices and orange. “Complementary” was the keyword. I must add that the tea had a mesmerizing floral fragrance, which was very sweet and bright (smelled like osmanthus to me!). There’s marigold on the list of ingredients but I just didn’t think marigold could have such a lovely aroma :P Anyway, this was a very nice tea and I was happy that my Christmas holiday had ended with a pot of this :)