drank DeTox by Yogi Tea

Another herbal I’m adding to my routine for a while to help with winter fatigue. Yogi offers their Detox versions in a berry and peach flavor also, but check the labels carefully – there are differing levels of ingredients in each. The peach flavor appealed to me, but it had lower % of the ingredients I was looking for (dandelion root, for example). By law, ingredients on labels have to be listed in order of % of the total (for those who weren’t aware).

The aroma is heavenly. I don’t so much get the sarsparilla as I get the caramom and cinnamon coming through. Licorice root adds a sweetness in the sip, and the pepper adds a kick to it. The pepper was a surprise – I like adding pepper as a savory enhancer to balance the sweet in different things, chocolate and so forth.

The other thing I’m noticing with Yogi teas is that the steeping time/strength doesn’t seem to affect the taste especially. I put 2 bags in a 4-cup teapot – intentionally didn’t want a super-strong infusion, but the result was still a peppery sweetness.

It’s enjoyable, whether you’re drinking it for health or for taste. Reminiscent of holiday spice teas.

Still fairly new to the life-long process of learning and appreciating tea. Got into loose leaf a number of years ago after health concerns cut soda and sugared drinks from my repertoire. I’ve been blogging about and exploring tea more in-depth for the past several years and I just plain enjoy it. I keep an eye out for French tea trends as well, so if you parlez, bienvenue!

My ratings tend to fall into these categories:

I don’t bother discussing teas that I wouldn’t recommend to other folks on some level. Not worth drinking, not worth wasting time, so you won’t see many yellow light scores from me. I will, however, post if a tea is marketed as something it’s not. There are a couple of examples in my tea log.

50-70’s : Fair. Either a quality or grade issue or perhaps not suited to my personal preference. Wouldn’t turn it down if it were a gift, but wouldn’t purchase it for myself.

80’s: Good teas. Enjoyable and well-crafted, but maybe some slight room for improvement or maybe a notch below another of the same type that I’ve tried. Would buy again if the price were reasonable.

90’s: Excellent teas. My personal favorites that I’ve fallen in love with and have been surprised by.

I don’t know that I’ve ever rated a 100, which is why the 80’s and 90’s are more representative of the teas I like and would recommend. A 96 is just about perfect.